40 Albany Turnpike
Old Chatham, NY 12136
Skills and Strengths
- Writing: Informational and promotional—feature articles, reports, guides, manuals, bibliographies, newsletters, brochures, grant proposals
- Editing: Substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading. APA, MLA, and Chicago style guides
- Research: Internet, library, interviewing
- Design: Experience working with designers to create publications
- Windows XP, MS Word 2010, Adobe Acrobat Pro
Ph.D. in English, University of Pennsylvania
B.A. in English, Oberlin College
Clients: Americares, City University of New York, New York State Council on Children and Families, Conseo Group/Lumina Foundation for Education, Millennium Group, Academy for Educational Development (now FHI 360), Educational Equity Concepts, Violence Institute of New Jersey, Southern Institute for Education and Research, New York State Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities, Galen Press, Ross Center, Chatham Education Foundation, Chatham Central School District, Chatham Film Club, Chatham Bookstore.
Senior Writer/Editor for Welfare Research, Inc. (1988-2010): Wrote and edited project and corporate publications for nonprofit consulting firm.
Public Relations/Publications Officer for Regents College, The University of the State of New York (1982-1988): Wrote publications and public relations materials for adult learning program of the New York State Board of Regents.
- Former Coordinator, Upper Hudson Chapter, Editorial Freelancers Association
- Secretary, Albany Dance Circle, Dances of Universal Peace
- Grant writer, Mountain Road School, Habitat for Humanity
- Travel in United States, Europe, North Africa, Middle East, Caribbean